Pages

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Ten Word Tuesday 3-08-16

1. Autoschediasm
Something improvised
NOUN
2. Commodious
Spacious, Convenient
Adjective
My new writing nook that you will be learning about soon is very commodious! Image result for spacious room

I think this looks commodious 
3. Factotum
NOUN meaning someone with a lot of responsibilities
Sometimes, I feel like a factotum. I just have so much to do! (cough, cough, now)
4. Florilegium 
flawr-uh-lee-jee-uh m
NOUN
a collection of literary works
Image result for stack of  old books






5. Pretentious
Attempting to impress by affecting greater importance
NOUN
I can't think of a connection or a picture for most of these nouns!! What is wrong with me? 
6. Rodomontade
Boasting or Bragging
Noun
7. Munificence
Very gracious or giving
NOUN, Again, I know
I always like to think of myself like this... There was just something about giving crackers to the lunch table in seventh grade when we were still juvenile children.
Image result for give a gift
8. Oenophile
A person who enjoys wines
Noun
Image result for Wine
9. Valediction
Noun
Act of Bidding Farewell
Yes, another noun, I know.
I hate giving these.

10. Jocular
Adjective (finally!)
Suited to joking
I really like this word, probably because I can easily use it in daily conversation.
And, come on, what's more jocular than a clown?
Image result for clown






No comments:

Post a Comment