Pages

Monday, March 14, 2016

Life In Mill Halley 7.5

<><><><><>Ginger Laces up Cleats<><><><><>
<><><><><>Part Two<><><><><>
        They were bright green. 
        Soccer started on March 14. The pie from school's Pi day was topsy-turvy in my stomach. The kids there acted as if they were right at home. 
        We started off running around the field. I tried forcing myself to be unhappy, but the grass felt so... soft under the cleats. My feet fit perfectly, and as I ran my flyaway hairs from my pigtails swirled around my face. I felt at home. 
        The stretches were nothing that I hadn't done in gym class. I felt the tension in my legs, but the pain felt good. It was a strange feeling- that I loved this, but at the same time I shouldn't be. 
        We began kicking balls. I loved every second of the drill, and when I glanced back to my parents, they were smiling. I didn't say a word to any of the other kids, and that was okay, because we didn't need to. It was soccer, not school. 
        But it was over all too fast. All I knew was that I would lace up cleats again. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment