Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

10 Word Tuesday 3/22

1. Splendiferous

ADJECTIVE
Splendid
I love saying this word! Try it! The word itself really is splendiferous...

2. Skulduggery

NOUN
Instance of dishonesty or tricky-ness
Or duplicitous happenings could be called skulduggery
This is definitely Ginger when she tries... well, read Life in Mill Halley to see.

3. Amaranthine

ADJECTIVE
Everlasting, Unfading
The new name for Tuck Everlasting can be Tuck Amaranthine...no, not the same ring.
Image result for eternal
Here is my picture from aeonian. It could be amaranthine...
To Roslyn Royel, -------------- -----'s hotness was amaranthine. He was beautiful. 
I decided to censor out his name because you haven't seen their relationship yet. I don't like getting spoilers (except Downton Abbey ones), so I don't give them.

4. Desiccate

VERB
To become dried up
Image result for desert
Sounds more like an adjective?!
------ left Ginger to melt and her heart to desiccate, feeling as if she would never feel human again.
Again, spoiler censored. This probably will happen next year so that would be a biggie.


5. Renascent


ADJECTIVE
Being reborn

I know this is the first birth, but, well, you get the point.
In becomming Christian, you are renascent in Christ.
Image result for baptism
6. Affinal
ADJECTIVE
concerning marriage
Image result for weddingImage result for wedding

At lunch, Ginger looked worn out. I sat down next to her once I had my tomato soup. "What's eating you?" I asked. 
She shrugs. "Affinal matters." 
Skyler laughs from across the table. "Wouldn't the men do more?"
Ginger shoots her a look. "----'s great. But he can't do everything. Why did we settle on such a soon date?" It was more a plead to God than a question. 
This is from later in Life in Mill Halley, when Ginger (SPOILER ALERT) gets married. 


7. Arsenal
NOUN
an array of resources
Image result for school supplies
"Howdy!"I cry when I enter Shattered Land Territory the next day. 
"Got the arsenal?" Emerson calls up from the hole. I nod, dumping my bundle on the forest ground. 

8. Clandestine

ADJECTIVE
kept secret or done secretly
Image result for secret

9. Nuance 

NOUN
subtle difference
Image result for nuance

10. Gratulation

NOUN
A feeling of joy
Image result for joy

No comments:

Post a Comment