Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

#writing_wednesdays Just Do It

Image result for just do itImage result for just do it

I have not done a single #writing_wednesday since August, when I wrote about getting in the mood to write. Today's topic? Motivation. To make my point? I'll be sharing my story as a writer.

Several years ago (I believe it was three), I decided to write more. I had an old computer that I could use, and I enjoyed the hobby. So why not?

The remains from this period are horrid. I remember writing a sentence- just one sentence- that I was so proud of. Re-reading it, it was a sentence that today would pop up on a regular basis. That year I was very proud of myself. But I gave up. Gave in. After that high from that sentence, I collapsed.

The next fall, I began writing my first book. It was an improvement, and I still have the copy that I printed out. I went on to write Behind The Rebel Mask, my 40,000 word accomplishment. I felt successful. I started a writing blog, the very same writing blog you are reading from this very minute.

The blog was getting success. I had a different old- but younger- computer that I was writing on, and I could write almost everyday. In April, the computer died, pulling my habit with it. I could write only scarcely, and my following had plummeted. In May and June, I wrote nothing. People were still reading old posts, but there was nothing new. In July, I posted eight times. In August, September, October, and November, I posted a total of six times.

In December, I got a new computer, but life was hectic. I had no time to write- how was I ever supposed to make my great comeback? I had so many 'comebacks,' there was no guarantee I actually would comeback after posting one.

But now, I'm trying as hard as I can to just write. If your held back by something foolish, say no. Write. Don't be lazy. Set the mood. I have faith in you.

Now write. Nothing will write itself. And history must be told.

Image result for you should be writing

No comments:

Post a Comment