Pages

Friday, February 19, 2016

Drawing Pentagons- A Life in Mill Halley Story (Sklyer)

            My pen scratches over the paper.
            A pentagon has five sides. 
            We've been taught that long ago.
            But we're not taught about life, how to deal with hardships.
            A pentagon has five sides. 
             I look across the classroom, where Roslyn sits, pencil gliding over the paper as she gets a head start on tonight's homework. She looks up and places her pencil on her chin, as if in thought. Lusis is several sits behind her, reading a book. He's finished with the work. I have only my name, Skyler Foster, and a number 1 on my page. Blue marks and pentagons march across the paper below, where my work should be.
            A pentagon has five sides. 
            I look back to Lusis. If it wasn't for me, he wouldn't be mad at me.
            Hold up, I command myself. You don't even know if he's mad at you!
            But that dark Skyler inside me (I call her Lira) retorted, saying that if she was in Lusis' situation, she would be mad so he must be mad.
            I sigh and turn back to my paper and look into the textbook.
            A pentagon has five sides. 

No comments:

Post a Comment