Pages

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

10 Reasons Why I Write


  1. To make my dreams come true. 
  2.  To make sense of the world
    1. Because boys are just too complicated. 
  3. To show the world that I am made of words 
    1. Hence the title of this blog, The Words are Flowing
    2. I think that I am made of words, like this guy: 
  4. To learn to love
    1. When you write, you develop relationships with your characters that will never be like those that you develop with living humans. 
      1. Same with Reading. 
        1. I'm in love with Rudy Steiner from the book thief. <3
        2. And Neville Longbottom
          1. So Brave...
  5. To learn to cherish
    1. Now that I have written stories, I feel like the veil blocking my sight has been lifted so I see more and savor more. 
  6. To find the worth of water before the well is dry
    1. Now I think, as I write the stories of impoverished characters, about how lucky I am to have what I have. 
  7. To share my thoughts
    1. All the stories that were blocked off before I wrote are now flowing. 
  8. To understand both friend and enemy. 
    1. Because those bullies are really hard to understand. 
      1. Over a the summer, my friend and I started a story together about life in a school. I was writing from the perspective from one of the 'not-so-good' kids and learned a lot. The story was never finished, but now I can see more about the kids that swear. 
      2. I also wrote an article about swearing (here) that taught me that some people swear because they want to express the casualty of the environment or are scared and insecure. 
  9.   Sometimes only paper will listen to you. 
    1. No matter how boring your story, paper will take it and read it. 
  10.  I have a story, begging to be told. 

No comments:

Post a Comment