Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2016

What's in a Balloon- Part Two

LIBBY- NARRATING
I didn't know where I was going, I didn't know who this man was, but he was certainly not the man who would hand me the bag full of balloons. I was scared for the first time in my life since the marching crayons I imagined when I was five. 

LIBBY WALKS OUT OF THE ROOM, OUT THE DOOR WITH HER FATHER. SCENE GOES BLACK. 

LIBBY- NARRATING
We traveled in a pickup truck through the night. I wanted to sleep, but couldn't. I was too worried. 

LIBBY LIES AWAKE IN TRUCK, STARING OUT THE WINDOW, WHERE RAIN OBSCURES HER VIEW OF THE COUNTRY LANDSCAPE. SCENE FADES TO A PARKING LOT SCATTERED WITH CARS. LIBBY IS SLEEPING, JACKSON IS GONE. SHE WAKES UP, NOTICES HIS ABSENCE, AND BURSTS OUT THE DOOR. SHE RUN/WALKS TO THE BUILDING, AND TRIES THE DOOR. IT OPENS TO A WIDE HALLWAY, PORTRAITS HANG FROM THE OFF-WHITE WALLS. JACKSON COMES FROM THE DISTANCE, SHOVING SOMETHING INTO HIS POCKET. 

JACKSON CALDWELL
Libby, what are you doing in here, get back in the truck. 

GRABS LIBBY BY HER SHIRT COLLAR

LIBBY
(Muttering through gritted teeth) Let-me-go! 

JACKSON PUSHES HER INTO THE WALL AND HOLDS HER THERE

I didn't know that I was supposed to stay there! 

JACKSON CALDWELL
Did you see what I put in my pocket? 

LIBBY
(shakes head ferociously) 

JACKSON CALDWELL
Let's go. 







No comments:

Post a Comment