Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

HAPPY ONE-YEAR BLOGVERSARY!!

          One year ago today, The Words Flowing was born. I posted daily for the first few months, then slacked off when computers were hard to come by. I hope that this spring, I can write every day yet again!
          But this is a cause to celebrate! Curl up by the fire. Go through and read posts and drink hot cocoa. Though there is no snow here, it still is winter. Take off your shoes. Relax.

TOP TEN POSTS

Life in Mill Halley 3
       Ginger Gillam experiences kindergarten jealousy and commits her first minor crime.
Evening Writing

       "I love your ideas. Thanks for sharing!"
                             -Shay Lee
My Harry Potter Creation
      "AWESOME"
                             -Nicole Cooper
Risen
         What do you think of this spontaneous poem? The idea popped into my head, so I wrote it.
Ten Word Tuesday (3-1-16)
          Ten words to increase your vocab. I love these!
Life in Mill Halley (9)
           "You get top marks for that."
                          -Dave Diss
Ten Word Tuesday 3-08-16
          Ten words to increase your vocab. I love these!

Tears- My Mini Essay
         Why do we cry? What does it do for us? I love essays, and so why not write one about crying?
What's in a Balloon- Part 2
           Part two of my script What's in a Balloon. I really was just playing with this one, but if it made top ten, great!

SERIES STORIES

Life in Mill Halley
        My pride and joy. Life in Mill Halley is the novel I have been working on this for nearly a year, and it still isn't done. Not even ready for edits. But you can read a portion of part one now, so why don't you?
Writing Wednesdays
         These guys are so much fun. It doesn't matter whether it is Wednesday of not, these writing tidbits are all about being a writer- so read some!
Ten Word Tuesdays
          Also known as where I learned to speak
What's in a Balloon?
           A script that I never completed. But people like it, so great!
Evening Writing
           I also didn't finish this one. It was fun, but it was never completed.


COUNTRIES

One Year. 33 Countries. Here's the list I've recorded in a trusty old sketchbook.
  1. USA
  2. Germany
  3. United Kingdom
  4. Canada
  5. India
  6. Poland
  7. Romania
  8. Ukraine
  9. Russia
  10. Syria
  11. Denmark
  12. Spain
  13. Vietnam
  14. Sri Lanka
  15. Netherlands
  16. Brazil
  17. Australia
  18. Austria
  19. Barbados
  20. Israel
  21. Mauritius
  22. Sweden
  23. Taiwan
  24. South Africa
  25. Dominican Republic
  26. China
  27. France
  28. Malaysia
  29. Turks and Caicos Islands
  30. South Korea
  31. Latvia
  32. Saudi Arabia
  33. Finland
Wow. I didn't realize how long that was.

That's not arranged in any particular order. But, for my top five countries (drumroll please....)

5. India
Image result for india

4. Russia
Image result for operation world russia

3. Germany

Image result for germany

2. France
Image result for operation world france

1. United States
Image result for operation world united states

Also in the top ten are The UK, Canada, Australia, Ukraine, and Poland.

MY PRIDES AND MY JOYS


Over the past year, I've had some highlights. From Writers Camp to Life in Mill Halley, it's been great. Here are a few of my writing accomplishments.

1. Online writing was so much fun to organize and watch! I feel really accomplished to have this on my resume.

2. Life in Mill Halley was a joy to write. What started as a palate of characters has turned into my favorite project yet.



3. Starting this blog has been such a life-changing experience. I'm so excited for the year ahead! I hope I can bring smiles to faces all over the world as we go on this writing adventure together.














No comments:

Post a Comment