Pages

Monday, July 11, 2016

Skyler's Journal 4/27


4/27


I need to write everything I know about myself. I can’t swim so deep, but maybe if I see the surface and go deeper, I can learn my ways without getting to the bottom.


My name is Skyler Foster.


I am fourteen years old and in Eighth Grade.


I was baptized at First Christian Church of Mill Halley last year.


I live in Mill Halley.


I have three best friends- Roslyn, Linnette, and Ginger.


Roslyn has a crush on Jonothon Ibbit.


He is popular and has dated probably 20 girls in our year.


That doesn’t matter to my story.


My feelings sometimes sink deeper than I want to swim


I can’t tell how deep and what’s down there,


Only that it is important to me navigating the waters of life.


Whenever I have a feeling I don’t want to see again, I let it sink


Now I want to find those feelings.


Not so I feel that way


But so I know what is down there.


There’s a boy called Lusis-


He lives across the street


I had a crush on him in first grade


Ever since he let Linnette win the spelling bee.


I thought he had a crush on Linnette.


But he treats her like a little sister that he has to protect.


Linnette has her own problem.


I had a crush on him in second, third, fourth, and fifth grades.


In sixth grade I realized there is more to love than I previously thought,


And that crush could not be real.


I then began ignoring it, allowing myself to get caught up in the ways of life.


In seventh grade it jumped over my mind, but I laughed.


In eighth grade, I began to watch.


Could it be real?


And here I am now.


Could it be real?


Could I love him, Could he love me?


So many ‘what if’s


So many ‘coulds’


So many ‘woulds’


Everything I see on Pinterest says I love him


And I do care for him, just as I do my other friends,


Maybe that is all. No romance. Just Care.

No comments:

Post a Comment