Pages

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Skyler's Journal 4/26


4/26


Today something peculiar happened. Lusis and I were walking to gym together, as we always do, but Ginger was sick so she wasn’t tagging along. Around the cafeteria entrance, I dropped my colored pencils. Of course Lusis helped pick them up, THAT didn’t surprise me a bit- but when he was handing me some of the pencils and thought I wasn’t looking, he looked at me the same way that Roslyn looks at Jonothon.


      “What?” I asked him. He looked confused.


      “What what?”


      “You were looking at me… in a different way.”


      “No, I wasn’t.” His blush was as red as a rose from the rose bush. To save him, I left it at that and finished picking up the pencils before standing up and walking the rest of the way to gym.


      Why would he look at me like that? I try to push to the back of my mind that he had a crush on me, because there is no getting my hopes up since a crush could fade in days. But why would Lusis having a crush on me get my hopes up. It’s not like I would date him if he asked me- I wouldn’t! But maybe I just want him to be an option when I’m older. Prepossessing boys are in short supply in Mill Halley, and Lusis could go quickly. But why would I want him to stay single? I’m so selfish, and I can’t swim any deeper. I have to get some air.

No comments:

Post a Comment