Pages

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

TEN WORD TUESDAY

1. Mansuetude

Noun- mildness or gentleness
Her mansuetude was contagious when she picked up the new boy's books. 
I can't think of an application for this word, but I like it...

2. Scholockmeister

Noun- Slang for a person who sells worthless goods.
The city's streets were covered in worthless scholockmeisters' booths.
Image result for worthless items
I think I had too much fun finding these. There was also a cheese grater that had no holes, but I couldn't get it here. Sadness...

3. Incipient
Adjective: Beginning to exist or appear.
The incipient cold told her to take medicine before it got serious.
A while back I had a incipient illness and so I put all of my necessities by my bed. I was sick for about a week. That's when I wrote 'Plate full of smells!'

4. Ripsnorter
Noun- Someone or something remarkably exciting
Say it five times without laughing. I dare you to. I couldn't get past two.

5. Juvenilia
Plural Noun- Writings or works produced in ones youth
I have some really dumb juvenilia. Elisabeth's Journey- I threw that one away in the past year, I think. It was pretty stupid.
Image result for child's writing
6. Pleonasm
Noun- redundancy, using more words to express something than necessary.
 Pleonasm was frequent in the four-year-old's sentences.

7. Manna
Noun- sudden or unexpected aid or help
This word is simple but displays good vocabulary.
For me, I can remember it because manna was also the unexpected food God gave the Israelites, helping them to survive.

8. Anathema
Noun- A person or thing detested or loathed


To me, peanut butter is an anathema. Ew.

9.  Immure
Verb (finally!)- to shut in
I immured myself in my room to escape from my unloving family.


10. Cloudburst
Noun- A sudden, heavy rainfall
Image result for heavy rainfall
A cloudburst erupted over us, showering us with droplets of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment