Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Must-Reads for Christmas

Today is December 10th, 2016. Christmas season started two weeks ago.  I've decorated the house for Christmas. We have lights covering the bushes outside, that make me think I may have a minor case of OCD. They all have different coloring and make me get a headache. But, I can live. I'm not outside at night much anyway, so it's better.

Our German friend, Elli, and I made snowflakes to cover the windows and the wall behind one of our three trees (the small one). We have gifts for passersby and jars with chocolate kisses- but I think I'm the main reason they are disappearing.

Now that the house is in full Christmas spirit, I need Christmas things to read. We have a basket by our fire full of books, but they're mostly for children. Secret: I still read them to remember Christmastime as a girl. :)

Then, there is a collection of stories that I love to read a little before Christmas- often on Christmas eve. It's called "A Merry Christmas & Other Christmas Stories" and it's a Louisa May Alcott compilation. There are seven short chapters, but it's really sweet.
You may have seen the movie Miracle on 34th Street, but there's also a book. The book is a great Christmas read.



And then, it's not a book, but Christmas.com has some good Christmas related things. One that I have recently read is a history of various Christmas traditions. It's very intriguing! You can read it at http://www.christmas.com/blog/story-mistletoe-christmas-symbols/.

A good way to preview books is by typing in the title on Google, then going to books and clicking preview under that book. You can read a lot that way, and some books have everything on there!

So, Happy Holidays!

Love and Luck,
Pippa

No comments:

Post a Comment