Pages

Thursday, January 28, 2016

Ways to Get Story Inspiration

1. Play Role Playing Games online. 
I really have had fun with the Harry Potter (Role Play) community on Google+. It is great fun, and it gives me story ideas.



2. Read! 
Probably one of the simplest of these is reading. That can give you ideas: for fanfiction, stories of the same genre, or stories inspired by the same style.

3. Baby Name Generators
Baby name generators really generate some absurd names. For all we know, your next story could be about someone named Sugar Candy Stevens!

4. Random Word Generators
I have tried, a few times, generating six words and writing a story about them, as a word sprint! I think one of the words was... butter.

5. Writing Prompt Generators
Now these things are pretty straight forward. Generate a prompt, write about. And, if you want to be bold, go with the first prompt you get!

6. The classic 'Jar of Ideas'
The classic 'Jar of Ideas' takes a bit more effort. Whenever you have an idea, write it down and put it in the jar.

I also stick post-it notes to my mirror, which is where I often write.

7. Sleep 
Hey, sleep gives us ideas! (In our dreams)

Last night, I had a dream about cats being called 'mooks' and one was underneath the ice at our family cottage. That's story materials, eh?

8. Role Play with Friends
Tonight, my sister and I had a Harry Potter themed battle, including Dobby and silver spears and snatchers.

Yeah.


No comments:

Post a Comment