Pages

Monday, January 18, 2016

How I Write

Somerset Maugham once said, "There are three rules for writing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are." I like to live by this quote. It really demonstrates that when you write, you are free, with no boundaries. I write in the corner of my bedroom, in about a 2-3 foot area. On my left are three pieces of scrapbook paper taped to the side of my desk- orange stars, yellow zig-zags, and green stripes. To my right is a gray wall. In front of me is a stack of a yellow and white pillow that I use as a mouse pad, a lamp, and the rest of my room. I sit, propped up by a beige body form pillow with a 10 by 6.5-inch netbook on my knees. I normally write at night. How do you write? Post your writing methods in the comments! 

I often write at night, with chocolate and a water bottle filled with ice water. Other times I write in bed with my pajama's on past my bedtime, when I can't sleep. I write through programs such as NaNoWriMo, or in contests for other blogs. 

I make a point to write every day- whether it's an essay, creative writing, for school, something like this, or an analysis of quotes, writing is like breathing. It's a necessity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment