Pages

Tuesday, August 2, 2016

TEN WORD TUESDAY RETURNS!!!! 8/02

1. Bildungsroman

I love this word so much!
N- a type of novel concerned with the education, development, and maturing of a young protagonist
BIL-doo ngz-roh-mahn (however you say that)
Pretty much Life in Mill Halley- that explains why I love it so much.


2. Galluses

N- Suspenders for Trousers
I think I like this word.

I know I like this word.


Image result for galluses
Though the trousers were too big, Emmett was able to get some galluses to hold them up.

3. Skylark

V- To frolic, sport
Skyler was so happy that she skylarked all the way home from school that day.


4. Orthography

N- The art of writing words with proper letters, according to the accepted usage
Image result for writing

Spelling Tests are the perfect time to show off orthography skills!

5. Cater-Cousin

N- an intimate friend
Image result for friend
I have a few cater-cousins- one is my sister, and the other two are my closest friends. The three of us are separate now, but they are still my cater-cousins.

6. Churrasco

N- Meat Cooked over an open fire
To put it simply- summer heaven

7. Towser

N- A big dog
Image result for big dog
Our neighbor's dog is such a towser, in the dark you can mistake it for a deer!

8. Encephalon

N- the brain
The encephalon would be so interesting to study!

Image result for brain

9. Tohubohu

N- chaos, disorder, confusion

My room while I write. I sprawl out on my floor, my bed is unmade, I often have pretzels, water, a bunch of notebooks, and the computer. Complete tohubohu.

THIS WORD IS SO MUCH FUN TO SAY!
toh-hoo-boh-hoo

10. Rib-Tickling

Adj-Very amusing, funny or hilarious
Tell your rib-tickling jokes in the comments!






























































No comments:

Post a Comment